Speaking of Martial Arts, I just read an ad, one of those cheesy internet ads, about unlocking the interior you. You're only using 10% of the brain, and would not it be wonderful if you could unlock the other 90%?
Now, it sounded so good, but there is one trouble with this... they got it backwards. They got it real backwards.
See, here's the one thing. You are you. The brain is a hardware device, and also the mind is an application device, and... what is the real you?
So what if you unlock 90% of your mind? Because what is using the mind is you... and you need to unlock not 90% from the brain, but 90% individuals! Because even when unlock 90% of the brain and the mind, if it's only being run by 10% of you, still it isn't going to work.
Understand, the mind and the mind, they're just tools that are used by... you!
So, what exactly are you?
The truth is that these internet programs are so much bushwah. Oh, you'll likely get a bit of something, but... although not a lot. Sufficient to get you involved in the mystery from the brain, or even the mind, and never in the discovery of yourself.
How do we discover yourself? The best way to discover on your own is with discipline. It takes discipline to concentrate awareness. And Awareness is what you are. You are not perception and sensation, you are awareness. You are aware of the tools you utilize. You are what's aware of perception and awareness.
With this I recommend the martial arts. I'll tell you more about the fighting techinques in a moment, but first I want to tell you the second thing you need. You need a large database of knowledge.
The internet ad I speak of mentions big names, Einstein and Gates and Zuckerburg and so forth. But I do not want you to think of icons, I want you to think of normal, successful people. Think about what a normal, successful person has.
Well, they had the discipline to understand, to get what they wanted from school (and also to know when you should drop out when school turned bushwah).
In short, they had the discipline to push forward, and they collected data, information, until they had enough to function as successful. So here's the secret, when you do fighting techinques you are disciplining you to ultimately handle the force and flow of the universe. You appear at the fist, the flow from the fist, and also you learn how to solve this problem.
After you learn to solve the real problems from the universe, it's really a short step to picking a field and solving the problems of that field. You pick being a lawyer, because you did the martial arts you now have the discipline to learn about that field, and there after it is simply a matter of disciplining you to ultimately collect the information of that field until you have enough to become a success.
Now, the next time you see one of those cheesy internet ads, promising you the girl, the cash, the house, the car... and friendship with the guy who's asking for your hard earned money... think about this article, and realize the reality.
It is not a secret, it's the hard work of finding out how to be disciplined. Discipline results in awareness, and awareness leads to success in anything you want to do.
My recommendation, my own route has been the martial arts, and so I recommend it to you.